Monday, September 8, 2014

I'm dying.

Alright. Well, maybe I'm exaggerating just a little. 

The past week I've had a wicked cold. I was watching the Today Show this morning (I'm secretly a 40-year-old woman, you guys) and there's a "mysterious virus" going around called human enterovirus 68. The symptoms start like that of a common cold -- you know, runny nose, cough, muscle aches, coughing and sneezing -- then BAM you're practically on your death bed. I'm very convinced that I have this.

Now, as you may already be able to tell, I'm a little bit of a hypochondriac when I get sick. Before I saw the news story on this new virus that's going around, I was convinced  that I was coming down with pneumonia. Of course, I'm probably not, but it feels like it, okay?!

I've had this nasty cold for a little over a week now and I'm 50 shades of done with being sick. I missed a day of class last week which I hate doing more than anything. I just feel like I'm getting less bang for my buck (for lack of other words) when I miss a lecture. (College: why you so expensive??) As I'm writing this, I'm considering if I feel up to sitting through a chemistry lecture... (No, McKenna! Go to class!)


In the mean time, I've been drinking Twining's English Breakfast tea like some kind of hot beverage addict. It's still like 90 degrees outside, so I pretty much feel like the Wicked Witch of the West melting afterwards, but it's pretty much the only thing that makes me feel a little better.

Any advice for dealing with a bad cold?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN
POWERED BY BLOGGER