Friday, January 9, 2015

Cheers to 2015

Happy New Year, dear friends!

I hope you all have had a wonderful start to 2015 so far. It's so funny how much can change in a year (don't we say that every year, though?). I think the start of a new year is the perfect time for reflecting on the past year... on the good and on the bad. I'm at a different place in my life right now than I was back then and I'm definitely a lot happier overall. I guess moving from temps at below freezing to warm and sunny skies does that to a person, huh?

I have a few resolutions/goals for this year:


  • be a better texter-backer (I suck at texting people back. My grandma is a way better texter than I am! Things have gotta change this year, McKenna Lee...)
  • read more books (I just spent $35 at the bookstore yesterday so hey! We're off to a good start already!)
  • stress less (don't let other people drive me crazy, don't worry about things I have no control over, yahdee yahdee yahee... ya know.)

Totally gotta print this bad boy out for a gallery wall.

Yeah, so, the problem is, I'm a pretty scatter-brained person when I get stressed. I usually forget about all of my resolutions/goals once I get back into the swing of school and my focus shifts to impending due dates of doom. 

Although, in 2013 I set a goal to write in a journal every day and I actually did


The start of my year (no really; as in the first few minutes) was downright magical.

New Year's Eve was rainy and kind of crappy weather all day long. Around 10:30  or so, it started to sleet and get windy. (Um, ew, that's what I moved away from.) Around 11:50 or so, we went outside to watch our neighbors' fireworks show. (They go down to Mexico every year and smuggle a shitload of fireworks over the border just for New Year's. As sketchy as that sounds, I've gotta admit... It's awesome.) The rainy sleet had sorta progressed into sorta-snow... snow dandruff, if you will. Five minutes before midnight, it started SNOWING. As in full on FLURRIES of MAGICAL GOODNESS. We're talking the size of freaking QUARTERS.

Have I mentioned before I live in the desert?!

Um, yeah. It was a pretty big deal.

And against all odds this MAGICAL GOODNESS OF AMAZING HOLIDAY SPIRIT actually stuck on the ground and we woke up to a white blanket of beautiful snow. I couldn't stop smiling the whole day.

Soooo of course I woke up at 6 am so I could drive around and take pictures. (Well, that and I had to pick up my party animal brother from a party. Yeah, the Boy and I are pretty much polar opposites in that department.)

How cute are these wittle sheepies?


This picture feels oh-so country. Oh, and you can see a huge mark on my windshield. Oopsies.


HOLY TREES. Where can I get some of these bad boys?

Okay, okay. So it really wasn't that much snow, but for a desert girl this was practically a blizzard! 

Hope y'all had a great New Years!




No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN
POWERED BY BLOGGER