Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Dunedin Farmers' Market

One of my favorite things to do on weekends is head down to the farmers' market. When I was in Dunedin this past weekend, I popped over with my surrogate nana. It was blimmin' cold as it had snowed the night before throughout the hills. There was a frigid breeze blowing in from the harbor that chilled us to the bone. It had been on and off drizzling, but we braved the cold along with half the city! Needless to say they were wearing their woolies that day! 

We stocked up on some fresh veggies and picked up some veggie and kumara (one of my favorite things about NZ!) soup. There were a few musicians out there braving the cold and I wanted to go up to them and give them my whole wallet just so they could go back to their homes and be warm again! The market is right next to the train station, which is arguable one of the coolest buildings in Dunedin. Its architecture gets an A+ rating from me. I've heard the inside is pretty grand, but after a half hour at the market, we were borderline hypothermic and ready to scurry home! 

I'll definitely head back next time I'm in Dunedin. Hopefully it'll be a little bit warmer then! 










No comments:

Post a Comment

DESIGNED BY ADRIEN DESIGN
POWERED BY BLOGGER